Airport International PINTO MARTINS
The airport International Pinto Martins (IATA: FOR, ICAO: SBFZ), located only 8 Km of the center of Fortaleza, is the 12th busiest in the country and 3 ° northeast Domestic and international passenger volume, according to the list of Busiest airports in Brazil.
Situated in the district Serrinha (Av. Senator Carlos Jereissati, 3,000), the airport of Fortress had its origins on the track of the Alto da Libra, built in Decade of 1930 and used until the year 2000 by the Aeroclube of Ceará. The new and modern passenger terminal, with 32000 square meters, was inaugurated In February 1998.
The new terminal has Capacity for 2.5 million passengers/year, 14 positions For small, medium and large aircraft parking (includes Boeing 747-400), the TAG (general aviation Terminal) has seven Hangars, 29 small-sized aircraft parking positions, Three parking spots for helicopters and service routes and Public parking with 900 vacancies.
At the airport are Tourist information Services, service agencies and Tourism, taxi rank (common and special), car rental companies, bus (Urban, executive and for remote boarding/disembarkation), Plaza de Food, free-shop, first aid station, VIP room and Aeroshop With 40 stores.